
Tired of the rat race? Me too. Tired of trying to impress the unimpressable with your skills and talent? Me too. Tired of trying to fend off the never ending stream of fresh faced, gung ho collegiates who are willing to work themselves to a premature death just to get an attaboy from the boss? Yep, me too.
To some people, work is their life. Maybe they like what they do or better yet, maybe the love what they do. I personally think these people are about as rare as a great Ben Affleck movie.
I feel that most of us get up, leave our homes and voluntarily spend the bulk of our day with a lot of people we don't like and only a couple that we do like, because we haven't followed our dream, but instead followed the dollar.
So everyday I get up and follow the dollar. I try not to care when the unimpressable are unimpressed. I try to sympathize with the fresh faced, gung ho collegiates who will wake up one day and realize what's really important and I go home at night and continue to dream.
1 comment:
Hey Deb, sounds like you're getting to the same place I'm at...asking the question, "is this all there is?" It's amazing how life can pass you by when you're working like we do. I hope for both of our sakes, that this ISN'T all there is. Miss you.
Post a Comment