
Yesterday I had the unfortunate position of being behind a large SUV on the interstate who's inhabitants decided to pitch their garbage out the window. This occured while travelling upwards of 80 mph which meant their cups of whatever flew threw the air and splashed unidentifiable liquids onto my car and possibly the car behind me all while leaving their trashy mark on the roadside.
I was amazed, or maybe it was shock, to see such blatantly stupid people that I moved up closer behind the vehicle so that I could get the license plate number. They were from Maryland. I noted down the plate number. Then what...who should I call to report litter bugs? I sped up so that I could pass them and give them the EVIL EYE. The SUV was full of young, college aged kids who looked to be laughing and playfully swatting at each other. They ignored my evil eye. They ignored me all together. I would've needed screaming sirens and flashing blue lights to even warrant a second glance from these knuckleheads. Spring breakers, I decided. Spring breakers with little, if any, consideration for the fact that now everyone on the interstate gets to view their crap on the highway until some underpaid county worker gets the joy of picking it up. Other visitors to our state will look at the crap and say, "This place is full of crap!", when in reality it's probably their neighbor's kids in Maryland who trashed the place and kept speeding along in their gas guzzling SUV without a care in the world.
1 comment:
Great post. I was thinking of writing a post for my blog about Litter Bugs. I've noticed lately that it's gotten bad. What ever happened to "Give a Hoot - Don't Pollute?" It infuriates me the way people just toss their garbage out on to the road!
Post a Comment