Friday, February 17, 2006

Banana-rama


I love bananas. As my favorite brand Chiquita's advertising campaign states, they are, "quite possibly the world's perfect food". They're compact, portable and when you're done eating them the peels are bio-degradable. I dare to say there aren't many people in the world who don't love bananas, not to mention monkeys and apes of all sizes. Even Elvis loved bananas.

Recently I brought one of my fruit friends to work. Chiquita, of course, my favorite brand. I noticed the particular fruit I had picked had the small blue Chiquita sticker still attached. "Brain Fuel" it said, in large white letters. Hmmm..I like it. Thanks Chiquita for giving me the ability to re-fuel my brain. Heaven knows I need it. I removed the sticker and stuck it to my desk, for future reference.

A few days later, I brought another fruit friend....again with the blue Chiquita sticker. This sticker read, "Place Sticker on Forehead. Smile." I remember doing just that as a child. Not only that but fighting for the sticker with my brothers and sisters...the winner, wore the blue Chiquita sticker proudly on their forehead while marching around to the sour looks of the fallen sticker head wannabees. Thanks Chiquita.

Read all you ever wanted to know about Chiquita and the history of their stickers. Did you know they still place each sticker on by hand? www.chiquita.com

1 comment:

W.M. Turner said...

Remember that banana taffy Tata used to give us? We were (are) a serious banana-eating family.